Saturday, April 27, 2013

Smitten Saturday

Glasgow Mummy

My lovely friend Sarah has been blogging for a while now, we've even been featured a few times!! (Let's not mention Bob)!!! I'm hijacking her post to try & get me thinking more positively!! 

Weekly we've to write about what we're loving that week, can be anything!! So trying to think about what to write about I thought would be hard, but here it is!! 

I'm an island girl, Isle of Bute,Scotland. The island is teeny & I spent most of my teens desperate to leave and it's only since arriving in Perth I've realised just how much I've missed living by the sea. I'm down there at least 3 times a week, I love the smell and I especially love it when it's raining & the wind is blowing! That doesn't happen much here, but it makes me feel alive. I guess that's a cliche? But I don't know how else to say it. I'm easily drawn in to the daily bullshit of 'things', you know house, car, etc etc. I try not to be, I know it's not important, and I love this move cause its given us a fresh start, but when the anxiety starts to rise, and I question what we've done, the beach is where I head. 

On Bute I can remember loving walking at night when it was almost a gale & knowing that I was alive, that I was part of something bigger. The same is true here in Perth, the sea & being able to take a deep breath is why we're here!







1 comment:

Glasgow Mummy said...

Awwww - I miss you guys so much. Loving your blog thus far and thanks so much for joining in with Smitten Saturday!!!! Is that a photo you have taken of a beach near you? It looks amazing! xx