1. Give myself a row for not doing something and
2. Come up with excuses as to why i don't have the time to do the things I'm giving myself a row for in 1.
These range from not eating properly, not drinking enough water, not doing enough exercise, not reading enough, not seeing friends enough, not going out enough, not laughing enough, and so the list goes on and on and on!!
I seem to recall in my mid teens really taking care of myself, taking the time preen and pose, to plan outfits, to moisturise, to pluck, to think, to exercise, to take time to myself and now at fast approaching 43 I don't really do any of these things as matter of habit. The minute life gets hectic or tough these habits fall to the wayside. Am I alone in this or is this normal??
So my 100 Days of Wellness plan is nothing radical, I can't see me dropping 20 kilos, but my wish is to get to the end and to be looking after myself better. That's it!!
Today is Day 8, maybe I should be hash tagging 100 Days of Wellness, but genuinely to anyone who reads this (and I thank you), my meandering on the benefits to my bowels of physllium husks is not to be shared!! So far I've made the following changes to my daily routine and stuck to them.
- Drank a glass of water the minute I get up (with milk thistle to cleanse my liver)!
- Had physllium husks to improve my "inner" balance
- Drank a supergreen smoothy (alkalising greens plus pineapple juice plus 2 kiwi fruit).
- Cleansed, toned and moisturised, day and night and applied eye cream!! YAY!!!
At the end of day 20 I would like to be still doing the above but the next big "habit" is exercise, from day 20 I'm introducing a 20min walk daily. Wish me luck to find 20 uninterrupted minutes